Here are the five basic steps to do well at anything. If you remember these five steps you are going to really be successful at anything, in any context. They are:
1. Show up on time – be there on time.
2. Be nice to people – show some grace, some manners and some appreciation.
3. Do what you say you will do – make sure you are going to deliver.
4. Deliver more than you promise – dazzle them with something more than what’s expected.
5. Do it with energy and passion.
When you do those five things you’ll be struck to see how employable you’ll be; how successful you are, and how the money rolls in.