THE PERRY PLAN
The Perry Plan… Winning the Losing Game
Finally losing weight and keeping it off.
STICKING WITH YOUR COMMITMENT
The mental side of losing weight.
Most people generally feel pessimistic at the thought of losing weight and more important, keeping it off.
It is so easy to give up and quit… simply because losing weight requires new habits and sticking with your commitments. Most of us have good intentions… and say to ourselves, “I am going to really eat less and exercise more this time.” “I am going to start on Monday… and, of course, in the meantime, I am going to participate in huge ‘LAST SUPPER’ all weekend!”
So, you begin on Monday, and restrict yourself from everything you want to eat. And you might even start exercising vigorously for a day or two.
By Wednesday, you are tired, hungry and feel deprived and weak… you feel stupid, angry at yourself and want relief… so you give up and start all over again.
So how do you overcome your pessimism? How do you program yourself to stick with your decisions, recover from setbacks, and go the distance to get healthy and stay that way?
You have to reprogram your state of mind to OPERATE FROM STRENGTH. Becoming powerful takes learning how to do it followed by ongoing practice.
Most people when they feel pessimistic generally give up, feel defeated, and sabotage their program to lose weight. And it is very difficult to simply be disciplined when you are used to giving up. Moreover, you may notice that more than half the time you are MEDICATING WITH FOOD. You may feel fat, weak, stupid, unattractive, unloved, old, defective, and/or self-pity so you go medicate with food to feel better. You order 2 large pizzas, a 6-pack of beer, and an ice cream chaser which actually does make you feel better… FOR THE FIRST 15 MINUTES… followed by more guilt, and weakness, and remorse. To treat an emotional problem with food seems insane, and yet, when most people are doing just that, somehow it seems to make sense… at first.
So what do you do?
You want learn how to change your state of mind by programming your brain to operate from strength. You do this by changing your language. CHANGING YOUR LANGUAGE from WHAT IT IS NOT… TO WHAT IT IS. This is called the Language of Inclusion©.
So instead of saying, “diets never work,” you would say, “sticking to a diet is a challenge.” Instead of saying, “I can’t eat that,” say, “I can eat this.”
Here are some examples for you to try. Read each one out loud and notice how you feel when you say it.
1. “Don’t forget diet and exercise are the keys to success.”
2. “Be sure to remember a healthy diet and exercise are the keys to success.”
1. “Don’t delay starting the new weight loss program.”
2. “Get started right now on your new weight loss program.”
1. “Don’t put off exercising.”
2. “Exercise now. Get going.”
Notice you feel different and stronger when you say #2 out loud each time. The key? Say what it IS instead of what it is NOT. Speak in the Language of Inclusion©.
Now you try it. Simply take the examples below and reword them from what it is NOT to what it IS.
- If I can’t eat what I want, I can’t enjoy life.
- If I don’t begin to eat sensibly, I won’t stay healthy.
- If I don’t exercise, I can’t lose weight.
- Diets don’t work if you don’t stick to them.
- If I don’t make this diet work, I don’t know what else I can do.
- There isn’t a single weight loss program that doesn’t include dieting and exercise.
- If I can’t have carbs, I don’t want anything.
- I don’t disagree with that.
- Junk food’s not necessarily bad for me.
This certainly takes practice. You will notice it is initially quite difficult to reword the sentence, with practice it will get easier.
Concentrate on routinely changing your language to the Language of Inclusion©. Talk about what IT IS INSTEAD OF WHAT IT IS NOT and you will see by far better results. You will start programing your brain to be stronger over time.
REMEMBER, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO SIMPLY CHANGE YOUR MIND. ON THE OTHER HAND, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR LANGUAGE… WHICH WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND!
I heartily encourage you to get my PERRY PLAN Weight Loss Program. The mental program to finally give you the strength and power to WIN AT THE LOSING GAME. The method will help you stick with your commitments.
More information below.
At your service,
Dr. Mitchell Perry
THE PERRY PLAN
“Winning the Losing Game”
The mental side of losing weight.
There are thousands of diet products and programs on the market. Ultimately, you are responsible for the success of any weight loss program.
IT IS WHAT IS BETWEEN YOUR EARS THAT WILL BE THE SOURCE OF SUCCESS WITH LOSING WEIGHT AND KEEPING IT OFF.
How do you sabotage your own success?
- Loss of control
- Unrealistic expectations
- Emotional or situational upset
- Small setback triggers feelings of total failure
- You discount any gains
- Lack of accountability either internal or external
- The defeatist attitude prevails
- Learned helplessness and chronic powerlessness
- Goal Setting (realistic and achievable)
- Language of Inclusion© (the Optimism Tool to program yourself for strength)
- Avoiding Traps (identify what knocks you back)
- Recovery (how to handle setbacks)
- Internalization of the Fundamental Four©
The PERRY PLAN teaches you how to do all of these things. It encompasses many behavioral tools including the four main components:
- Locomotion: Just MOVE! Any kind of movement to get your heart rate up. Changing exercise to MOVE every day, even if it is just for a few minutes. Brushing your teeth is a habit, it is non-negotiable, therefore, MOVE becomes the same habit. Do something to get your heart moving. Dance, swim, wax the car, walk around the block, just MOVE!
- Observation: “Check the GAUGE.” Do you know what it is like to eat until you are satisfied? Do you eat until you are extremely full? Are you always hungry when dieting? Learn to routinely check the GAUGE. Are you empty, content, full, or stuffed? Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are content.
- Motivation: For what are you eating; nutrition? Are you eating because you want nutrition and good fuel connection? Are you are eating because you want to connect with others? Could you connect without constantly eating? Medication? Are you treating an emotional condition with food? Are you eating because you are lonely, stressed, depressed, or upset? Does eating actually relieve loneliness? Does that make any sense? Connecting with people probably will do a better job. You will learn to understand and therefore control your insane habits while replacing them with common sense ones.
- Inclusion: This is the secret sauce… learning to change your language which will reprogram your brain to operate from strength. The Language of Inclusion© — created and developed by Dr. Perry over 25 years — this language skill has proven to improve the quality of life for many thousands of people worldwide.
Dr. Perry has designed a complete package that will take you from overweight, to a brand new healthy you, both mentally and physically!
- The Perry Plan workbook: Winning the Losing Game
- The Perry Plan CD’s – 3 audio CD’s
- Road to Optimism (CD, Book / DVD that started it all!
A highly dangerous virus called the “WEEKLY OVERLOAD RECREATIONAL KILLER” (WORK) is currently going around and is highly contagious. If you come in contact with this WORK virus it is highly recommended that you go immediately to the nearest “BIOLOGICAL ANXIETY RELIEF”(BAR) center to take any of the following known antidotes:
- WORK ISOLATING NEUTRALIZER EFFECT (WINE)
- RADIOACTIVE UNWORK MEDICINE (RUM)
- BOTHERSOME EMPLOYER ELIMINATION REBOOTER (BEER)
- VACCINE OFFICIAL DEPRESSION KILLING ANTIGEN (VODKA)
You are highly advised after taking any of the above antidotes to post this notice without further delay to raise awareness. The WORK virus is highly infectious to citizens in our society.
A public service for the preservation of the entitlement society.