Oh my! Do you notice what is going on around the world and especially in the United States?
- People are routinely being gunned down in churches, synagogues, theaters, entertainment events, schools, companies, governments, and homes.
- Parents are attempting to bribe universities in order to gain admission for their children.
- Highly respected manufacturers are being accused of significant crimes and misdemeanors while they betray their markets, deny everything, and attempt to defend themselves.
- Politicians seem to be more interested in keeping their jobs, rather than actually doing their jobs.
- Lots of people are routinely ignoring or rejecting facts about certain subjects, and instead spewing their vitriol reflecting their rabid criticisms about the same subjects. They are unable or unwilling to create civil debates and discussions with those who hold different views.
- There appears to be some who think they are entitled to everything without taking responsibility for their lives. Somehow they think, “I exist, therefore I am entitled. What have you done for me lately?” Gimme, gimme appears to be the chorus many are continually singing.
- It is becoming more self-evident that many think it is preferable to become a professional victim… whining about their situation. Blaming everyone else is now very fashionable.
- Lying, cheating, blaming, whining, belly-aching, criticizing, condemning, and avoiding responsibility have become fashionable habits of a large population of citizens.
- Caring, compassion, generosity of spirit, taking responsibility, and integrity all seem to continue sliding downhill and evaporating.
What has happened to our character, standards, adult behavior, self-respect, pride, and strong principles? It’s time we rebuild, restore, strengthen, and promote our Strength of Character!
THE DETERIORATION OF AMERICAN SOCIETY STANDARDS
- Manners. When out for dinner, it’s common to see those at the table more content being glued to their cell phone rather than enjoying the meal and talking with family or friends.
- Anger. More drivers are committing “Road Rage” because they think that another driver disrespected them or cut them off.
- Respect. More and more, children and young adults are failing to show deference towards their elders and people in authority like teachers, police, parents, military, etc.
- Clothing. Many seem to think that it is acceptable to go out to an elegant restaurant wearing ripped jeans, t-shirt, and perhaps a baseball-style cap backwards rather than dressing as if it were a special occasion. Moreover, many young men believe that the rest of us find it attractive to look at their underwear while their pants are pulled down to their thighs!
- Communication. The formal written letters, thank you notes, and phone calls have gone by the wayside in favor of 280-character tweets or one word responses via text. Rarely does anyone have a personal one-on-one conversation.
Think about your life and how you are living it. For most of us, our lives are filled with some great ups, some painful downs, and a whole boatload of underwhelming vanilla in the middle. We frequently waste a lot of time either watching life go by or simply stalling with great intentions to get going real soon.Read more